Sweetie, English Butterfly Bunny & Tour Guide

Sweetie, English Butterfly Bunny & Tour Guide
Hi and welcome to "Fairy Castle Farm" I hope you enjoy your stay! I should introduce myself, my name is Sweetie and I am a resident of Fairy Castle Farm. Well it's not actually a farm, but a suburban home in the southern suburbs of South Australia. I am a rare Old English Spot Bunny, and absolutely love life here with all my family and some good friends too... let me take you on a tour ....

Fairy Castle Farm : Global Visitors

Guests

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day...... Timeouts for Willow ... Happy bunnies ... Teegee's sore tummy


A quick update on happenings in our Kingdom....

Firstly, Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful mum's who are celebrating this special occasion with our side of the Globe today. I was spoilt by my wonderful family and had a fantastic day surrounded by love and laughter.

General Hudson (rooster) is doing well, happily imprisoned each and every night (in his nightbox) to keep our neighbour from complaining to council, meaning he can remain king of the Chook House....  his flock are enjoying castle life too... although Tink and Gracie are looking a little moth eaten as they endure a really heavy moult. However, as I can already see their new feathers budding I know they will be happy again very soon.  
Sweetie is doing really well, her incision has pretty much all healed (thank goodness) I can still feel the internal stitches but this is normal as they take a long time to break down.  I am so happy she is bright eyed and bushy tailed.

Her little Prince is perfect and as adorable as ever, I think he is getting bigger... so does that mean the cuteness is growing too??
Prince Parker

Willow, bless her is so intrigued by her little bunny brother.... Parker's speed and antics however are  sadly getting her into 'timeout' a little too regularly (for her liking) ... but she is learning, and I am sure will become good friends in no time. Parker is just a little to easily startled by his big Kitty sister. 

Angel is good, not happy that there are new bunny smells about, and acting a little put out during snuggle time with me, but hopefully when Teegee is spayed and I can try and bond all four, he will be smitten with all the extra attention from Sweetie and Parker. (fingers crossed) ....

On to Teegee.... well, the good news is that she is good now.  Yesterday was a very different story! she is also going through a massive moult, I am brushing her and removing as much excess fur as she will endure... it did not prevent her a horrible day of pain, no eating and signs of upset digestive system. (Dejavu of my episode with Sweetie this week) But basically I put in place all the things I did for Sweetie and in 8 hours she was eating again and using her litter tray... It was scary (as it always is) for a good part of the day, but I am pleased at her strength and turnaround so quickly.  I do have to say though.... I am over digestive upsets/infections and general malese.... I am really due a break (looks to heavens, please)

A final note..... With Teegee so unwell yesterday, I did have the opportunity to introduce Parker to her and briefly reunite Sweetie with her mum.... It went really well.... so I also brought Angel into the group (Partly to make sure he smelt the same as Teegee to avoid any scuffles when she was returned to the castle once her appetite and litter box deposits returned)... with fantastic results.  As I was alone I could not get pics but because of the general good behaviour I hope to begin the bonding very soon after Teegee's spay and I am sure there will be plenty of photos then :D I am very happy with the early signs.  I can't describe the feeling inside me when Sweetie wedged her head (from the side) right under her Daddy's tummy!!!  It was so sweet, Angel just lowered his head and began grooming her shoulder... all I could see was Sweetie's rump 'vibrating' from her tooth purring..... I really, really hope they will be properly bonded again.

So that is all for now, take care and I am sure that Sweetie is eager to take over the blog again, so this may be my last update for a while... thanks for stopping by - take care,





Yollie
xoxoxox

4 comments:

Little Miss Titch said...

Life can only get Better! we are send lots of prayers for lady luck to stay around.Keep well Bunnies And Humans alike,xx Speedy and mum

Furever said...

Hippity hoppity Mothers day Yollie and Teegee.I lovehearing updatesfrom the fairycastle residents

FairyCastleFarm said...

Speedie: *soft nose bumps* thanks so much and we too send happy and healthy wishes your way x x

Furever:
Thank for hopping by.... Happy Mothers day to you too and thanks we love sharing our Kingdom with you all too <3

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.