Sweetie, English Butterfly Bunny & Tour Guide

Sweetie, English Butterfly Bunny & Tour Guide
Hi and welcome to "Fairy Castle Farm" I hope you enjoy your stay! I should introduce myself, my name is Sweetie and I am a resident of Fairy Castle Farm. Well it's not actually a farm, but a suburban home in the southern suburbs of South Australia. I am a rare Old English Spot Bunny, and absolutely love life here with all my family and some good friends too... let me take you on a tour ....

Fairy Castle Farm : Global Visitors

Guests

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

❣️ *Vet update* ❣️ Eli made it through the Night!

Update: 1:15pm Tuesday 24th October 2017, 
________________
Eli Update: Update...    clinic just called...   we can’t get ahead of ourselves just yet, but....   please, please keep on with whatever you’re currently doing to keep him in your thoughts/prayers etc etc!!!  

Here’s what I know:

The vet is hesitantly/guardedly optimistic.  The wound has begun to scab over and heal, however it is very swollen.  It appears to be an impact trauma.

The vet is preparing to do an X-ray, he has one surgical procedure ahead of Eli. Depending on what the scan reveals, then they’ll decide the best course of action.....  

Ideally, it’s just a bump and will heal and he’ll be a strong healthy wild magpie.... 

But if it’s beyond repair (which I was told statistically any open wing wound in this location has the odds of recovery stacked against him) and unlikely he’ll recover or have a degraded quality of life, we will discuss his options available (which unfortunately include euthanasia). 

I’m so very, very thankful to the clinic as they are going above and beyond to assess Eli with the goal that he can return to MY care!  (Earlier today this was not even an option, so for this alone I’m so grateful!) 

There is a risk with any procedure involving sedation that he may not survive..  but I’ve given my consent and trust they will take care of him... 

The vet says that he is remarkably strong and calm considering the location of his wound and the time he’s spent away from his parents...   the receptionist says he is a real character and his antics are hilarious...   so it seems he’s won his way onto their hearts too! 

So again, thank you, please keep wishing, thinking and /or praying for our little fighter... Eli has made it this far, now we just need mild miracle! 

Thanks, 

Yollie 
________________________________________
Hi friends,

Yesterday I discovered Eli has sustained an injury to his left wing.  

Here is Eli before his injury:
  From what I can tell it’s the birds Thumb or, Alula*. 
Healing Thoughts For Eli πŸ₯❣️

Here he is this morning ▶️ 




To read the post I wrote yesterday, with more information on what happened please visit:
 ▶️ Healing Thoughts for Eli πŸ₯❣️

*Here is a link to Wikipedia n the Alula: The Structure of a birds Wing


No comments: