Sweetie, English Butterfly Bunny & Tour Guide

Sweetie, English Butterfly Bunny & Tour Guide
Hi and welcome to "Fairy Castle Farm" I hope you enjoy your stay! I should introduce myself, my name is Sweetie and I am a resident of Fairy Castle Farm. Well it's not actually a farm, but a suburban home in the southern suburbs of South Australia. I am a rare Old English Spot Bunny, and absolutely love life here with all my family and some good friends too... let me take you on a tour ....

Fairy Castle Farm : Global Visitors

Guests

Sunday, October 29, 2017

Eli’s Road To Recovery πŸ’•πŸ¦πŸ’•

Thanks for your support and encouragement. 
I’ve received many messages asking about Eli...  FB restricts our posts so here is the best way to keep up with updates, subscribe to our YouTube channel and follow our blog www.fairycastlefarm.blogspot.com THE RECOVERY : Book Eli πŸ“– πŸ¦πŸ’•

Please keep Eli, the wild πŸ‡¦πŸ‡Ί Australian Baby Magpie in your thoughts. He still has a long road to recovery ahead. 

Hi Friends, I’m helping Yollie take care of Eli  πŸ’•πŸ°~Sweetie 
Here is a summary of his remarkable story so far...

Follow Eli’s πŸ’•πŸ¦πŸŽ¬ on YouTube  

Just before last light, on 22nd October 2017, I found Eli with an injured wing, hiding in the long grass in our garden, he’d only been out of the nest for 3 days. 

At this stage of his development, Eli is called a fledgling, not yet able to fly or survive on his own. These vital lessons are taught by his devoted parents who share this responsibility.  

Sadly due to his injury, Eli’s parents sense that he is unable to learn these lessons.  So their instinct is to reject him and start the life cycle again. Letting nature take its course meant that Eli would not have survived the night. 

I am so glad I found him! 

The next 24 hrs were critical. I brought him inside, administered first aid, warmed him, hydrated and fed him.  The next morning I rushed him to the vet, where he was xrayed.  

The vet clinic agreed to release him to my care and I contacted a lady with extensive experience rehabilitating Wild Birds.  That same day she visited my home and taught me how to properly hand rear Eli and keep records with the hope to release him back to the wild once he recovers. 

Things are going well, but with any wild animal containment and human intervention does not always go to plan.  Stress alone easily kills animals.  

Luckily for Eli, I know who his parents are and they consider our yard their territory.  I’ve been able to encourage them to continue to spend time with their baby while he heals.

I’ve created this playlist to journal his recovery and I hope it has a happy ending, when I’m able to successfully release him from my care and back to his parents.   Wish us luck πŸ’• 

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbzOt6I-z46c6ONT1AyAYI0EVbRYctp6Q

No comments: